Friday, March 11, 2011

3/11/10 Earthquake.

( source //  CNN ) 
This morning I woke up to an usually large number of texts from friends who were concerned about my friends and "family" in Japan. I was a bit surprised by it and immediately opened my laptop and checked on Google.

I felt my heart sink when I saw the magnitude of the earthquake.
First thing I did was email my host mother and tweet out to some of my very close Japanese friends. I reached out to my Japanese "aunt" and asked about her family out in Tokyo. Everyone is safe, thankfully.
Friends out in Shinjuku are also okay and I'm awaiting for a reply from my host family, who recently moved to Nagoya.

All my hopes and prayers go out to the people in Japan and other affected areas.
I feel a great weight in my heart and I'm hoping that these areas will receive the aid they need to quickly recover from this natural disaster.

La Tenoli

No comments:

Post a Comment