Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hello Kitty X Sephora on eBay! ! !

Not sure how late I am with this news, but yesterday while I was doing my daily personal round on Facebook I stumbled upon Sephora's status about their auction online for Hello Kitty beauty products (and I'm not talking 5 year old's lip balm).  The auction, which started yesterday, contains some amazing (and expensive) VIP packages and items which include either a meet-and-greet with the HK creator herself, Yamaguchi Yuko, or an autographed HK beauty item.


Best part is, "100% of proceeds from the auction will benefit the Starlight Children's Foundation, to help children with serious illnesses and their families cope with their challenges." ( They've won me over ~ :3 ) Sephora Hello Kitty Ebay Auction Page

By the way, there's also an entire Hello Kitty Beauty Line coming out!~

Now while it says that the items won't be available online or in stores until the 27th of this month, I've already gone ahead and checked out their HELLO KITTY page and it looks as if some of these items have already hit the shelves and are indeed available for purchase on Sephora.com!


I'm extremely excited about these products and know that at least three of them are definitely on my list!
 For one, the brush set (pictured on the left) is a definite must have, especially for me. Not only am I a huge  HK fan, but I'm in desperate need of some new brushes.
The nail stickers and nail polishes definitely peak my interest and I'd love to grab some before the birthday on the 29th so I can rock these!


While I'm slightly skeptical about the quality, it does look more promising than the Tokidoki line.
Which prompts this question: Do you trust the quality of the beauty products that come from brands like Tokidoki and Sanrio? As cute as the packaging is, after a few in-store tests, I'm not sure I find it justifiable to shell out the money for some of Tokidoki's products. What do you think?

So tenoli lovers, which HK beauty items are you most excited about?
Any takers on the auction?


Stay tuned !~
La Tenoli
(Your fellow HK fanatic)

2 comments:

  1. Looks schway. I think HK is overused and overrated, but cut nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had money so I get them! Though I bet they would be more expensive in Japan... The MAC HK cosmetics were really nice, so hopefully the Sephora stuff won't be a let down.

    ReplyDelete