Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Vinyls! (and I'm not talking music)

So, I've been thinking that part of my goal for 2011 is going to be to get back into art, but the whole pencil to paper or brush to canvas thing doesn't appeal very much to me at the moment.
I want something a little more creative, new and challenging - vinyl toy customization.

(Check out more of my vinyl art research and ideas on my personal blog - UrbanInspirations)

I think what really got the idea going was the Sanrio vinyl collection over at KidRobot.
In celebration of their half century old feline and her friends, Sanrio did a series of collaborations with different brands over the course of 2010 (Onitsuka Tiger, Doc Martens, McDonalds, Hot Topic... just to name a few).
Here are just two of the Sanrio vinyls available at KidRobot.



Tara McPherson (the artist who designed the HK vinyl on the left) has been an inspiration to me for quite some time now, so just seeing her rendition of kitty-chan really got my creative juices flowing.
I definitely recommend checking out Tara's twitter and official page for more of her art.

I finally picked up a copy of January's SOUP and should be getting the February one within the next week, so stayed tuned for scans, updates, etc!

till next time ! ~ じゃね!
La Tenoli

No comments:

Post a Comment